Louvre Abu Dhabi social media
Conceptualization of audiences have had a profound influence across the cultural sector, especially museums. Since the 70’s, museums have been encouraged to implicate and listen their visitors. That’s the whole point of social media. Today, what a better way to engage, educate, inform, promote and inspire your audience? Social media are too often considerate as a new media. It’s much more than that. It’s a meeting point.
How to create your brand identity through social media?
Social media has to be a major part of the Louvre Abu Dhabi global strategy – for marketing, for curatorial, for press and for the leadership. Working together with our website, exhibitions, museum galleries, children’s museum, auditorium and grounds, social media can take the story of Louvre Abu Dhabi to the world and bring the world to Louvre Abu Dhabi, digitally and in person.
Given the various – often competing – priorities within and outside the museum, the only way to succeed on social media is to create clear, strategic, widely-approved rules for everyone.
- Creation of the guidelines that establish the use of each social networks
- Launch of a creative panel to gather the ideas, needs and actions
- Building of a content strategy to structure the message
- Creation of the social identity (tone of voice, graphic guidelines…)
- Implementation of an advertising plan to target the right audience
© Louvre Abu Dhabi. Creative: TBWA.